Did you know that FAU is going TOBACCO FREE in January of 2015?!
Smoking kills more people then alcohol and other drugs, accidents and AIDS combined. More than 440,000 individuals will lose their lives to smoking-related diseases each year.
If you haven’t started smoking, don’t.
It’s as simple as that.
If you do smoke, try to quit!
Quitting smoking now is the most important step you can take to enhance the quality of your life.
Need motivation to Quit?
- Twenty minutes after quitting…your blood pressure returns to normal.
- Twenty-four hours after quitting…your chance of having a heart attack decreases
- One week after quitting…it becomes easier to breathe.
- One month after quitting…your energy increases and your risk of illness goes down
- One year after quitting…you’ve saved more than $1,500 by not smoking one pack a day
|Smoking Cessation Groups are offered FREE of charge through Owls Care Health Promotion. Groups meet once a week for six weeks – nicotine replacement therapy provided for those enrolled. Groups are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the academic year. Contact 561-297-1048 or email@example.com for more information.|
How to Become a Former Tobacco User
|Step 1: Decide to Quit and Make a Plan||Step 3: Quitting Day|
|Step 2: Set a Quit Date and Stick to it!||Step 4: Tips for Continued Success|