Why should you exercise? The answer is simple….
- Helps you feel more energetic and decreases fatigue
- Helps in coping with stress, anxiety and depression
- Helps you to relax and sleep better
- Is something fun you can do with friends
Look and Work better…
- Tone muscles
- Burn off calories and control your appetite
- Builds stamina, muscle strength and breathing capacity
- Increase your capacity for physical work
- Help your heart and lungs work more efficiently
For optimum results, exercise for at least 60 minutes, 3-5 times a week.
Choose an activity that you enjoy. If you are having fun, you’ll make time in you weekly schedule. If you’ve been inactive for a long time, build slowly. Exercise at a comfortable pace – Remember the Talk/Sing test. If you are running or walking briskly you should be able to talk but not sing. Remember to warm up properly before exercising and to cool down after your exercise routine.
Become more physically active throughout the day.
Take advantage of every opportunity to get up and move around!
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take an exercise break. Get up and stretch, walk around and give your muscles and mind a chance to relax.
- Participate in intramural/club sports.
- Frequent the Campus Recreation and Fitness Center.
Campus Recreation – Boca Raton Campus
Florida Atlantic University offers a wide variety of facilities to accommodate the fitness and recreational needs of the students, faculty and staff. Visit the new state-of-the-art Recreation and Fitness Center Building 91 on the Boca Raton campus to play, get fit and meet new friends.