Stress doesn’t have to be a permanent part of your life. You are in control.
- Structure your day to be as stress-free as possible and manage your time effectively. One of the greatest sources of stress is poor management and over commitment. Make a reasonable schedule for yourself and include time for relaxation.
- Permit yourself to take some breaks.Don’t try to study for ten hours straight without taking breaks. It just doesn’t work.
- Go outside.Don’t underestimate the advantages of a little bit of fresh air.
- Express your emotions and needs.Unmet needs can lead to anger and frustration.
- Exercise, eat well and rest.If you feel well, you are more prepared to cope with stress.
- Think positively.Don’t be a “woe-is-me” person. Negative thinking does not translate into positive results.
- Keep your sense of humor and don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.Take your work seriously and yourself lightly.
- No one is perfect.Accept and know your strengths and weaknesses. Work at improving what you can change and let go of things beyond your control.
Owls Care Health Promotion features a “Stress Oasis”. Available to any student at any time during our normal operating hours! Stop on by!
The FAU Counseling Centers offer stress and time management workshops at no cost to students. Individual and group counseling is also available for free. For more information please contact the FAU Counseling Center at Boca Raton, Davie or Jupiter campuses.